Position: Administrative Assistant
Job Classification: Non‐Exempt – Full Time
Reports to: Head of Human Resources
About The London Company & the Role
Founded in 1994, The London Company is a majority employee‐owned investment management firm serving institutional, sub‐advisory, and wealth clients and their intermediaries around the world. Strategies focus on U.S. equity management across all market capitalizations. At the heart of the Firm’s investment principles is a belief that markets are much less efficient at assessing risk than reward. That downside protection focus is the hallmark of the Firm’s singular, high differentiated investment process that relies on facts—not speculation. This disciplined and transparent approach has produced a growing and diversified client base.
London is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant/Receptionist to manage our front desk on a daily basis and to perform a variety of administrative and clerical tasks across the organization. Key criteria for success include having strong interpersonal skills with an approachable demeanor and willingness to serve others, handle last minute requests/emergencies in a timely and effective manner, hold strong organization skills and the ability to multi‐task and be responsive in a fast paced environment.
- Greet, welcome, direct and announce visitors appropriately
- Answer, screen and direct all phone calls
- Manage, clean and organize the front desk and common areas ensuring those spaces are tidy and presentable at all times
- Collect and sort all mail and packages
- Administrator of firm’s telecommunications system
- Manage all office equipment needs/maintenance schedules (e.g., printers, fax machine, stamp machine, kitchen appliances, generator, server room A/C)
- Manage office inventory (supplies/snacks); submit expense reports via Concur
- Maintain Administrative Assistant/Receptionist policies and procedures handbook as well as vendor/suite contact list
- Handle all suite/building concerns and issues with property management and maintain a good standing relationship
- Bind and mail marketing presentations and compliance materials
- Proofread client‐facing/internal materials
- Handle various special projects for executive team & departments
- Perform various additional tasks, including scanning and filing and travel arrangements
Qualifications and Skills
- Proven work experience in Administrative Assistant role; college degree preferred
- Professional attitude and appearance
- Maintain a high level of customer service at all times
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Advanced knowledge working with office equipment
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
- Ability to work independently, be resourceful, and proactive when issues arise
About The London Company’s Culture
Since its founding, The London Company has put its clients first, and that central focus is at the heart of the Firm’s culture. The London Company has developed a reputation for being available, accessible, and proactive with its clients. The Firm prides itself on its ability to build deep relationships, continues to make significant investments in the team cross all departments to ensure it delivers the highest level of client service. The independent, boutique nature of the firm has allowed us to enhance the quality of the client and employee experience, leading to a healthy and rewarding firm culture.
The London Company is an established, nationally recognized firm with an ownership culture and has been named by The Richmond Times‐Dispatch as a 2020‐2023 Top Workplace in the greater Richmond area. In 2022, London Company was recognized as a top firm by Pensions & Investments as a Best Places to Work in Money Management program. The Firm’s largest asset is its people, so the firm focuses on retaining and investing in its people for the long‐term. Evaluations and strategic planning aim to position employees to maximize their potential. The Firm strongly believes an ownership culture is paramount to continued success and applies this belief across all functions of the firm.
Our passion is investing. Our mission is to channel that passion to enrich the lives of our clients and colleagues in an enduring and meaningful way.
At The London Company, we embrace integrity, dedication, and respect.
To provide unmatched downside protection and re-write the books on client service and team engagement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The London Company offers a flexible environment with a market leading benefits package: salary plus bonus, 100% paid for medical, dental & vision insurance for employees, 401k plan, professional development, gym membership, generous vacation package, and many other perks.
To apply, please submit both a cover letter and resume.
We look forward in hearing from you!