Client & Business Development
Wirehouse and Broker/Dealer Channel
The London Company, LLC Registered Investment Advisor
Founded in 1994, The London Company (TLC) is a majority employee-owned investment management firm serving institutional, sub-advisory, and wealth clients and their intermediaries around the world. Strategies focus on U.S. equity management across all market capitalizations. At the heart of the Firm’s investment principles is a belief that markets are much less efficient at assessing risk than reward. That downside protection focus is the hallmark of the Firm’s singular, highly differentiated investment process which relies on facts—not speculation. This disciplined and transparent approach has produced a growing and diversified client base.
The Firm is seeking a Client & Business Development professional to join our sales team, whose primary focus will be on our wealth platforms business. Key criteria for success include a highly energetic individual with a strong work ethic, who desires to learn and take initiative, possesses exceptional organizational skills, and thrives in a multi-task, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
- Responsible for new business development and client retention through wealth management platform relationships, primarily focused on national wirehouses and select regional broker/dealers
- Serve as a primary contact and liaison between TLC’s investment team and our retail producers within a western based geographic territory, though the candidate could reside in the Midwest
- Travel to conduct meetings/seminars/conferences/events where TLC presence is requested (expected 65% of time)
- Develop tight/repeatable TLC sales story for advisors to use with clients
- Gather intelligence from existing relationships, leverage top producing teams to increase penetration and diversification through existing platforms
- Engage effectively with mutual fund partners
- Successfully utilize Firm CRM
- 10+ years of intermediary sales and client service experience
- Track record of building & developing long term relationships including at the key decision maker level
- Working knowledge of investment management, statistical foundations, client service and marketing
- Demonstration of effective presentation, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or finance preferred
- CFA preferred
- Self-starter who thrives in a small, team-oriented environment
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and SalesForce preferred
About London’s Culture
Since its founding, The London Company has put its clients first, and that central focus is at the heart of the Firm’s culture. The London Company has developed a reputation for being available, accessible, and proactive with its clients. The Firm prides itself on its ability to build deep relationships, and continues to make significant investments across all departments to ensure it delivers the highest level of client service. The independent, boutique nature of the firm has allowed us to enhance the quality of the client and employee experience, leading to a healthy and rewarding firm culture.
The London Company is an established, nationally recognized firm with an ownership culture and was named by The Richmond Times-Dispatch as a 2020 and 2021 Top Workplace in the greater Richmond area. The Firm’s largest asset is its people, so the firm focuses on retaining and investing in its people for the long-term. Evaluations and strategic planning aim to position employees to maximize their potential. The Firm strongly believes an ownership culture is paramount to continued success and applies this belief across all functions of the firm.
Our passion is investing. Our mission is to channel that passion to enrich the lives of our clients and colleagues in an enduring and meaningful way.
At The London Company, we embrace integrity, dedication, and respect.
To provide superior downside protection and exemplary client service and team engagement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The London Company offers a flexible environment with a market leading benefits package: salary plus bonus, health insurance, 401k plan, vacation time, and many other perks.
To Apply please submit both a cover letter and resume.
We look forward in hearing from you!