Human Resource Generalist
The London Company, LLC Registered Investment Advisor
Founded in 1994, The London Company is a majority employee-owned investment management firm serving institutional, sub-advisory, and wealth clients and their intermediaries around the world. Strategies focus on U.S. equity management across all market capitalizations. At the heart of the Firm’s investment principles is a belief that markets are much less efficient at assessing risk than reward. That downside protection focus is the hallmark of the Firm’s singular, highly differentiated investment process that relies on facts—not speculation. This disciplined and transparent approach has produced a growing and diversified client base.
The London Company is seeking a Human Resource Generalist to fulfill both administrative and strategic responsibilities. This individual is expected to work well in a team environment as well as independently on assignments while adhering to best practices and utilizing experience in working in a broad range of HR functions. Key attributes for success in this role include the following: customer-focused mindset, high energy, tech-savvy, detail-oriented, and self-motivated. This individual must possess a strong work ethic and be able to handle confidential information with integrity. Must have the desire to learn, exhibit exceptional problem-solving and analytical skills, and is adaptable and responsible in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. This role offers the opportunity for growth and will work closely with the Head of Human Resources, the Chief Operating Officer as well as other members of the Management Team.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operational and administrative needs within Human Resources
- HRIS system expert and employee assistance: Support and execute HRIS needs such as benefits enrollment, onboarding/off-boarding, performance management, PTO, and employee record retention; in addition to creating and building out further efficiencies within the system while maintaining accuracy in data
- Responsible for semi-monthly payroll for the organization and honors confidentiality of employees pay records
- Review and stay current with policies and practices to ensure firm is in compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations using recommended best practices
- Research and respond to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests and provide assistance (e.g. employee and vendor questions/support, department related surveys such as DOL and industry benchmarking surveys, etc.)
- Administer firm-wide benefits and working with vendors including 401(k)/PS, fiduciary review, firm insurance policies, etc.
- Assist and improve employee review process as well as the employment lifecycle; includes reviewing goals and quarterly performance evaluations to ensure consistency, documentation of disciplinary matters and creation of PIPs
- Research, recommend, and organize professional development initiatives for employees
- Assist with recruiting, interviews, and facilitating the hiring of qualified applicants
- Execute projects from creation to completion, serve as back-up to Head of HR as appropriate
- Promote a healthy, positive firm and compliance culture and help ensure the firm operates according to its mission, vision, and values
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business management
- Minimum 3+ years of progressively responsible HR experience, SHRM certificate a plus
- Understanding of HR best practices and current laws and regulations
- Excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, cultural awareness, and operates with the highest level of integrity and confidentiality
- Diversity and inclusion experience a plus. Ability to create/maintain a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration and teamwork
- Uses exceptional resourcefulness, planning and time management, attention to detail and process research skills
- Must be pro-active and demonstrate strong negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently, experience compiling and utilizing data to analyze and make decisions in a timely manner while using sound judgement
- Strong technology skills: ability to use the HRIS system (iSolved) to full capacity as well as advanced skills with Microsoft Office applications including Excel. Ability to use the following functions: pivot tables, vlookup and formulas a plus
- Experience with various payroll systems, rules and laws a plus
About The London Company’s Culture
Since its founding, The London Company (TLC) has put its clients first, and that central focus is at the heart of the Firm’s culture. The London Company has developed a reputation for being available, accessible, and proactive with its clients. The Firm prides itself on its ability to build deep relationships and continues to make significant investments in the team across all departments to ensure it delivers the highest level of client service. The independent, boutique nature of the firm has allowed us to enhance the quality of the client and employee experience, leading to a healthy and rewarding firm culture.
The London Company is an established, nationally recognized firm with an ownership culture and has been named by The Richmond Times-Dispatch as a Top Workplace in the greater Richmond area since 2019. The Firm’s largest asset is its people, therefore we focus on retaining and investing in our people for the long-term. Evaluations and strategic planning aim to position employees to maximize their potential. TLC strongly believes an ownership culture is paramount to continued success and applies this belief across all functions of the firm.
Our passion is investing. Our mission is to channel that passion to enrich the lives of our clients and colleagues in an enduring and meaningful way.
At The London Company, we embrace integrity, dedication, and respect.
To provide unmatched downside protection and re-write the books on client service and team engagement.
Diversity & Inclusion is key to our success. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences, and backgrounds, who share a passion for investing. At TLC, diversity not only includes race and gender identity but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion, and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employees are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility. We encourage all interested applicants to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
The London Company offers a market-leading benefits package: salary plus bonus, health insurance, 401(k) with profit sharing, vacation time, and many other perks.
To Apply please submit both a cover letter and resume.
We look forward in hearing from you!