Intermediary Business Development Manager
The London Company, LLC Registered Investment Advisor
Founded in 1994, The London Company is a majority employee-owned investment management firm serving institutional, sub-advisory, and wealth clients and their intermediaries around the world. Strategies focus on U.S. equity management across all market capitalizations. At the heart of the Firm’s investment principles is a belief that markets are much less efficient at assessing risk than reward. That downside protection focus is the hallmark of the Firm’s singular, highly differentiated investment process that relies on facts—not speculation. This disciplined and transparent approach has produced a growing and diversified client base.
The London Company is seeking a leader of its Intermediary Business Development effort. Primarily this role will serve to deepen and expand the Firm’s already impressive reach into the national broker-dealer, bank/trust, and RIA channels. The Firm is seeking an individual capable of taking this channel to the next level, and who exhibits a strong work ethic and high integrity as well as carries a deep knowledge of the investment industry.
This role includes a great deal of autonomy and requires an ability to both maintain and grow long-term relationships. It leverages a candidate’s extensive knowledge and skill set to expand, manage, and support key advisory firm relationships.
Key Leadership Responsibilities
These responsibilities describe a general overview of the required duties, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position.
- Be able to strategically work across selected firms engaging with research teams, discretionary asset allocators, and relationship managers to maximize the total firm relationship.
- Represent and build upon The London Company brand in the retail marketplace.
- Develop and expand The London Company’s relationships with identified national broker-dealers, bank/trust firms, and RIA’s, which may include both direct and indirect engagement that can help support the retail sales channel’s efforts.
- Create and execute strategies in conjunction with the sales team to build business with advisor and channel partners
- Work with The London Company’s sales team to coordinate both top-down and bottom-up efforts, to retain, develop, and close new business with these firms.
- Provide the team with data-driven recommendations on sales efforts by leveraging internal data and trends from our CRM system as well as other external industry sources.
- Extensive contact and travel are required with key firms to identify home office personnel and specialists within the channel to favorably position The London Company in target markets.
- Travel as needed to ensure sufficient exposure with existing and the development of new partner relationships.
- Assist the Head of Client and Business Development to ensure that The London Company’s sales team has the tools to engage at effective points in the sales process.
- Responsible for the distribution of sales and marketing information, materials and strategic thought pieces to client advisory partners.
- Facilitate firm-level quarterly progress meetings to ensure goal attainment.
- Distill detailed investment concepts and insights into thoughtful and easy to articulate messaging for the broader sales team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance or related field and a minimum five (5) years of experience in the financial services industry.
- A CFA or CIMA designation is preferred
- 10 years of relevant sales and marketing experience preferred
- An ability to comprehend and explain investment concepts, including the individual security level, to senior investment professionals across a variety of different clients.
- Implement standard reporting procedures through the Firm CRM – SalesForce
- Work independently, make non-routine decisions and resolve moderately complex problems.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with all organizational levels, including senior management.
- Organize, manage and track multiple detailed tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced work environment with frequent interruptions.
- Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
- Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships at all levels of the organization, including negotiating resources.
About The London Company’s Culture
Since its founding, The London Company has put its clients first, and that central focus is at the heart of the Firm’s culture. The London Company has developed a reputation for being available, accessible, and proactive with its clients. The Firm prides itself on its ability to build deep relationships and continues to make significant investments in the team across all departments to ensure it delivers the highest level of client service. The independent, boutique nature of the Firm has allowed The London Company to enhance the quality of the client and employee experience, leading to a healthy and rewarding firm culture.
The London Company is an established, nationally recognized firm which has been named by The Richmond Times-Dispatch as a Top Workplace in the greater Richmond area since 2019. The Firm’s greatest asset is its people; therefore The London Company focusses on retaining and investing in its people for the long-term. The Firm strongly believes an ownership culture is paramount to continued success and applies this belief across all functions of the firm. Evaluations and strategic planning aim to position employees to maximize their potential.
Our passion is investing. Our mission is to channel that passion to enrich the lives of our clients and colleagues in an enduring and meaningful way.
At The London Company, we embrace integrity, dedication, and respect.
To provide superior downside protection and exemplary client service and team engagement.
Diversity & Inclusion is key to our success.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and our employees are people with different strengths, experiences and backgrounds, who share a passion for investing. At TLC, diversity not only includes race and gender identity, but also age, disability status, veteran status, sexual orientation, religion and many other parts of one’s identity. All of our employees are key to our success, and inclusion is everyone’s responsibility. We encourage all interested applicants to apply for positions even if they do not necessarily check every box outlined in the job description.
The London Company offers a market leading benefits package: salary plus bonus, health insurance, 401(k) with profit sharing, vacation time, and many other perks.
To Apply please submit both a cover letter and resume.
We look forward in hearing from you!