The London Company, LLC Registered Investment Advisor
Founded in 1994, The London Company is a majority employee-owned investment management firm serving institutional, sub-advisory, and wealth clients and their intermediaries around the world. Strategies focus on U.S. equity management across all market capitalizations. At the heart of the Firm’s investment principles is a belief that markets are much less efficient at assessing risk than reward. That downside protection focus is the hallmark of the Firm’s singular, highly differentiated investment process that relies on facts—not speculation. This disciplined and transparent approach has produced a growing and diversified client base.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional with a strong work ethic and a passion for investing to join our Research Team. The analyst will work closely with portfolio managers and other analysts on the Team as a vital piece of our investment process. The position requires an individual who possesses strong interpersonal and analytical skills, and works effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment. This individual must be reliable, diligent, goal-oriented, and have strong organizational skills.
- Build a strong understanding of and internalize our unique investment philosophy and process
- Conduct fundamental analysis of individual companies and their respective subindustries with the goal of identifying and forecasting the critical drivers of each company’s business
- Utilize primary and secondary resources for due diligence, and clearly identify and articulate an investment thesis. Use the Team’s proprietary valuation model to identify valuation sensitivities and possible stock mispricing
- Compile and communicate research findings to the Team through our Research Management System, written notes/emails, reports, and presentations. Participate in regular Research Meetings and challenge conventional wisdom
- Attend and/or lead meetings with company managements, competitors, customers, suppliers, industry contacts, and sell-side analysts. Develop a point of view and communicate that view to the Team
- Evaluate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) risks and opportunities
- Interact with Trading, Marketing/Client Support, and other teams across the firm
- For experienced professionals, the role may involve providing guidance to other Analysts and Associates
Successful candidates can:
- Combine analytical skills and attention to details with creativity, initiative, and drive
- Function independently while contributing to a team process
- Prioritize work effectively in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- Communicate and listen
- Make independent decisions but humble enough to admit when wrong
- Build relationships internally and externally
- Travel as needed
Preferred candidates will have:
- Demonstrable passion for fundamental analysis and applying our repeatable
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, accounting, engineering, or related field
required; a graduate degree and/or CFA or CAIA designation (or progress toward
these credentials) is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills and related experience with other Microsoft Office products
- Some level of buyside experience with strong stock picking skills; a proven track
record of adding value is a plus
- Experience with Mackey Research Management System
All candidates must have permanent US work authorization.
Perks of Working for The London Company
- The ability to live and work in beautiful and fun Richmond, Virginia
- Flexibility that allows for a strong work/life balance
- A collaborative and family-like environment while in the office
- Opportunities for growth, both personal and professional, where we encourage and financially support professional development and internal advancement
- Support for community volunteerism, as well as mental and physical health activities for our employees
- Office perks that include free parking, an onsite gym, casual dress, and unlimited snacks
- A generous vacation package and unlimited sick days
- Direct access to firm principals and leaders
- Benefits that can include 401(k) contributions, profit-sharing, life and disability insurance, and affordable premium health/dental/vision insurance plans
- Pay that is competitive and commensurate with experience, consisting of a base salary plus the potential for a discretionary annual bonus that is based on company profits and individual/team goal attainment and performance.
About London’s Culture
Since its founding, The London Company has put its clients first, and that central focus is at the heart of the Firm’s culture. The London Company has developed a reputation for being available, accessible, and proactive with its clients. The Firm prides itself on its ability to build deep relationships, continues to make significant investments in the team cross all departments to ensure it delivers the highest level of client service. The independent, boutique nature of the firm has allowed us to enhance the quality of the client and employee experience, leading to a healthy and rewarding firm culture.
The London Company is an established, nationally recognized firm with an ownership culture and has recently been named for the third consecutive year by The Richmond Times-Dispatch as a 2022 Top Workplace in the greater Richmond area. The Firm’s largest asset is its people, so the firm focuses on retaining and investing in its people for the long-term. Evaluations and strategic planning aim to position employees to maximize their potential. The Firm strongly believes an ownership culture is paramount to continued success and applies this belief across all functions of the firm.
Our passion is investing. Our mission is to channel that passion to enrich the lives of our clients and colleagues in an enduring and meaningful way.
At The London Company, we embrace integrity, dedication, and respect.
To provide superior downside protection and exemplary client service and team engagement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
The London Company offers a flexible environment with a market leading benefits package: salary plus bonus, health insurance, 401k plan, vacation time, and many other perks.
To Apply please submit both a cover letter and resume.
We look forward in hearing from you!